Monday, June 30, 2014

30 Day Photo Challenge


I've always wanted to do a photo challenge, but always thought I was "too busy" and would always think of the failure that would inevitably come when I just happened to forget one day. I am definitely glad that Ian, my loving and ever encouraging boyfriend, convinced me that I could do this challenge. And I couldn't use the excuse that I didn't have time, at least not right now. So here's to my very first monthly photo challenge. Enjoy!



Day 1: me {as a baby}
I don't have many baby pictures so I didn't much choice in which one to use; and I didn't want some boring picture of a picture type of thing. I decided to use one of the trees in my yard to add some nature, since I love being out in nature. 

Day 2: outdoors
Ian decided that he wanted to do a long hike today. Since my family has property up in the Wasatch Mountains, 5 miles from our house, he decided to hike up there. I'm lazy and didn't want to hike, so I took the Ranger up and relaxed in the hammock, reading while waiting for him.

Day 3: favorite color
Since the beginning of my coloring days, cadet blue and I have been close friends. Still to this day, I love blue and gray (so why not have it all in one crayon?) I seriously think I colored everything this color, EVERYTHING!

Day 4: texture
Some days thinking of something that fits the theme is really, really hard for me. So I turn to my trusty Ian to help me. He suggested using the texture of the road. So between oncoming traffic, I was able to lay in the road to get this shot. It's actually a combination of multiple pictures, so I could get the texture and also the barn in the background to both be in focus.

Day 5: family
The original idea that I had for this theme just didn't work. I tried to do adorable pictures of my nephews out on the River Walk Trail, but the two rascals would not cooperate. I got this photo as my brother was walking them back to their house.

Day 6: clouds
I was worried that there wouldn't be any clouds for this theme, but luckily there was and I was able to capture the two birds in this picture. 

Day 7: happy
What's more happy than these two boys playing in the sprinklers? 

Day 8: busy
Garden time is a busy time. These three had no idea I was lying in the grass capturing their busyness. Don't worry, I was helping too. Just not at this moment.

Day 9: micro {up close}
Introducing Raffe, our micro (miniature) giraffe. Who sits on the dash of my car, forever leading all the adventures. We got this lego giraffe from the Hogle Zoo last year during their lego days. He's adorable.

Day 10: 10 o'clock
Again an idea from the wonderful brain of Ian. Taking a photo of myself at 10 am and 10 pm. Ready for an 2nd interview in the morning (for a job I didn't get) and ready for bed at 10 pm.

Day 11: sunshine
This photo has a double meaning. Not only did I take this photo out in the sunshine, but Ian's tattoo is the lyrics for You Are My Sunshine. It is a dedication to his daughter Reagan, who was a victim of Shaken Baby Syndrome when she was 2.

Day 12: play
We love us some scrabble. Well sometimes. Ian beat the crap out of me by the way.

Day 13: calm
This was the night of the wonderful honey moon, it was only visible for a small time since we had lots of cloud cover. But I mostly wanted to capture the solar path lights since I have always loved seeing them when they turn on.

Day 14: silhouette
I had forgotten to get a silhouette photo in before going to my 3 month photo session, so I enlisted the help of mom and dad to get a really awesome shot!

Day 15: father
Happy Father's Day! I went on a ranger ride with my dad and my two nephews.

Day 16: flowers
I have always wanted to get a photo of these flowers and this fence. But every year I say this I forget to actually do it until the flowers have already died. This theme was a great excuse to finally capture this beautiful contrast.

Day 17: simple
I spent way too much time agonizing over this theme. I even enlisted help from friends on facebook. In a moment of inspiration I grabbed my nephews plastic cow and went outside. It was raining so I made it really really quick. I am pretty sure this was a 1 take photo!

Day 18: jump
Not my best photography, but Ian is a great sport on days that my creativity is lacking. He just kept on jumping when I didn't like the photo.

Day 19: in my town
Nothing is more iconic in my town than Commercial Street. They have transformed this street numerous times to film movies. 

Day 20: four
I made the best, THE BEST, home made pizza this night! I'm actually drooling right now thinking about it.

Day 21: summertime
I swear every night is "let's sit outside and enjoy the fresh air" night during the summertime.

Day 22: evening
This is a must have item while sitting outside every evening. The mosquitoes are evil.

Day 23: path
We found the coolest path to explore while visiting my sister in Logan. Next time we'll bring better shoes to fully explore the Logan River Trail.


Day 24: sit
We spent an extremely hot couple hours down in Salt Lake City today. Sitting in the shade was probably 20 degrees cooler.

Day 25: on the go
This little man is constantly on the go. I swear he can run faster than me.

Day 26: bubbles
This boy loves taking baths. Nothing is better than taking a bubble bath in grandma's bath tub.

Day 27: pair
A pair of socks hanging on the clothesline.

Day 28: calm
I love me some quiet, calm time in the tub. Especially while reading a good book.

Day 29: splash
Even super heroes like to splash in the sprinklers.

Day 30: starts with an "s"
Sparkler art!

Now that I am finished with my 30 day challenge, I have decided to keep going. So Ian will be creating a monthly photo-a-day theme list. Let's hope I can keep this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment